First in our Industry and Region
Western Mechanical Services was the first independent testing and balancing agency in Western Canada. We were established in 1958 and reorganized in 1977.
Western Mechanical Service originally started as Western Meter Company. We were the first to build instruments and equipment for measuring mechanical systems – including the Measurell, electric rotating vane anemometer, and hydronic differential pressure meters. Eventually we were asked by consultants to use our knowledge of the instrumentation to help measure and balance systems. This led to the creation of Western Mechanical Services.
Western Mechanical’s Mission
- Provide the highest quality building specialty services possible
- Create and maintain meaningful and trusting long-term relationships with our clients and consultants
- Bring more than just “balancing” or “commissioning” to each project.
- Be ahead of new and emerging technologies and practices to ensure our services continuously meet and exceed the expectations and requirements of our clients and consultants.
We provide a range of services that can benefit mechanical contractors, sheet metal contractors, building owners, consultants, and anyone else who feels they could benefit from working with true specialists.
Services include but are not limited to:
- Air systems testing and balancing of new or existing systems
- Hydronic systems testing and balancing of new or existing systems
- Sound testing (in relation to mechanical systems)
- Surveys of existing mechanical systems
- Commissioning of new building HVAC, plumbing, and controls systems
- LEED Commissioning of buildings systems
- Retro-commissioning of existing buildings
- Operating and maintenance manuals for mechanical systems
Based in Western Canada
Western Mechanical Services has completed services in locations across much of Western Canada. From rural Haida Gwaii, BC to Hay River, NWT we work wherever and on whatever kind of project our services and expertise are required.